Saturday, June 19, 2010

Losing My Grip

Well, I did lose that close friendship with Ella to that other girl, Eva. I was still madly in love with Jason, though. I followed him around, flirted with him and cried. I cried because I never had the chance to be his girlfriend. I wrote songs about him but never won his heart. I still had a few close friends, though but I was gradually losing more and more to Eva.

Sixth grade came around and all of us were excited to move from elementary school to middle school. We were overjoyed to have lockers and not have to walk in a single-file line with our "safe hands". We got to play in sports (my favorite being cross-country in sixth grade) and enjoy electives after a hard day of classes. Student Council intrigued us as well as the dances. We got to stay up until 8:00 pm dancing with the boys in the super small gym. I was asked by almost every single one.

Well, the downfall came around the fourth quarter when I was out at recess with my friends. My close friend, Mary, and I were walking when we saw a group of our friends with their arms linked doing syncronized walking "thing". We wanted to join it but then they told us "There are too many girls, you can't join." We understood and began to walk away when we saw four other girls request the same thing; the group let them join. Mary and I were deeply hurt by that and then went over to the swings and gossiped about them.

The next event was when we were all playing a game on the slide. A girl slid down the slide side-ways and slammed into the next girl at the bottom. You'd keep doing this until the person at the end of the slide fell. Well, as people piled on, more people complained about not being able to breath. I was one of them. A few girls decided that since I was small, I had to be the last person to slide down. It wasn't fun being the last person. I asked if I could at least be the third to last but they wouldn't compromise. Then I told them that I wasn't the only one complaining and they told me I couldn't play anymore. So, I went off by myself and cried in a corner. Jason didn't like me, my friends rejected me and not even one of the girls on the slide decided to walk over and comfort me.

Then, three girls named Sam, Annie and Bridget sat down and comforted me. I told them my story and they asked if I wanted to hang out with them. They weren't the most popular girls or anything but they were still very nice people. They showed me a new world. There was no drama whereas with my other friends, there was a fight at least four days out of the five in the school week. I enjoyed being with my new friends and we had a lot of fun together.

Then, summer began and I really didn't do much except go to the library and get on the computer since my mom got rid of the internet at home. She also got rid of the cable but I wasn't much of a T.V. watcher anyways.

School began again in August and I was excited because Jason was in my homeroom for seventh grade according to the class sheet. However, the day before the day before school, I lost my school supply list. I had to go to Ella's house (since she lived close to me) and get it. My mom embarrassed me by talking to her mom about Jason and how I was madly in love with him. Ella's mom then said "Oh, Jason isn't coming back this year. He's going to a different school because he was struggling with this one." The news hit me like a ton of bricks and when I returned home I went up to my bedroom and began to cry. I cried and cried until I fell asleep and then woke up the next morning to see the sun shining brightly in the sky. Stupid sun. How could it shine like nothing's ever happened? I slumped out of my room grumpily and got ready for the day. I went to Staples and got my school supplies and then found my uniform and set out everything for the next day.

I went to school and was very unhappy since Jason wasn't there. We also had a really tough social studies teacher who made my grades drop so I wasn't on the honor roll anymore. Drama struck my group at last around the middle of the year. Bridget wanted to go hang out with another group. We all were very sad because she didn't want to hang out with us.

Then the sun started to peak behind the horizon in the dark world inside myself when I got on facebook and chatted with a friend as you all might recall as Ricky. I talked with him about family troubles, trips, and Jason. I wanted to invite Jason to one of the school dances. I found his phone number in the directory and asked Ricky if Jason would say yes to me. Ricky said he would. So, I nervously called Jason and asked him if he would come. He said yes!

So, Jason came to the dance and I danced with him and then realized I didn't really like this kid; I liked Ricky. So, one day, while Ricky and I were on the computer, he asked me who I like while we were playing "truth or truth" (You can't really do dare over the computer). I spelled out his name in stars and he soon figured it out. Then, he used a play-on-words with my name saying he like me. I almost toppled over my chair in excitement. We decided to keep it secret except I did tell Sam and Annie because they don't spread rumors, especially about their friends.

At school, during my computer elective, Ricky decided to sit by me instead of his friends and he talked with me a lot. We really had a good time. But, little did I know that this love I gave to him would soon get to his head and he'd think he had it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment