Sunday, June 13, 2010

Drama begins

It had to happen sooner or later so why not then? I fell in love in third grade. I finally noticed the charming appearence of one of the boys in my class. I followed him around, talked to him a lot and soon everybody knew that I liked him. However, the feeling wasn't mutual for Jason (I'm using pseudonyms for everybody by the way) because another girl named Kathy had caught his eye.

While I was chasing after Jason, another boy named Ricky was chasing after me. He played with my hair all the time and wanted to sit by me. He was rather overweight and smelled kind of bad and my shallow little self didn't want that in a guy. I didn't pay much attention to him.

Well, school ended and the season loved by all children began. I hung out with my best friend, Ella. She lived in the neighborhood adjacent to mine so we both belonged to separate pools. She invited me to hers as a guest and I invited her to mine. We came to each other's houses and ate ice cream from the ice cream truck on the porches and played lots of games. We also did swim team for our pools and got to see each other then. We saw each other almost every day during the summer to tell you the truth.

Another friend I got to see a lot during the summer was my next-door-neighbor's grandson named Everett. My brother and I played "war" with him and really had a good time.

Fourth grade was where all the trouble began. There was a pretty new girl named Eva and I kindly walked over and asked her if she would like to be my friend. "I'll think about it." was her reply. I'd never been rejected in my life. That was just the start. Kathy and Jason had "broken-up" over the summer and I was excited to finally have my shot at my crush. However, I was stopped short in my tracks when I noticed that Jason and Eva were getting together. I was crushed. My solution? Well, she was in my reading class and so was Jason. So, I decided to hang out with her for that class and we became okay friends for a while and I got to be with Jason. However, as the year progressed, she began to steal Ella away from me. Ella and I had been really good friends during the summer and I didn't want that friendship to fade...

No comments:

Post a Comment